Renters Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Renters Insurance Information
Coverage For Alpharetta, Smyrna And The Rest Of Metro Atlanta
Do you rent your home or apartment? If so, then you need renters insurance. You might not own the house, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have insurable assets and liabilities. Renters insurance provides security for you, your family and your belongings in your perfect rental home.
Here at Get In The Ring, we make insurance easy. We like to say that all insurance companies promise low rates, but we’re here to make them prove it. All our policy choices come backed by top-rated carriers, and we’re determined to work with you to create the benefits that are perfect for you.
Ready to get started?
Common Renters Insurance Questions
What Is Renters Insurance?
You probably think of a rented home as you would any other home. Renters insurance is designed to protect you in that property. It might cover you, your family and possessions from losses related to such hazards as:
- Fires, smoke, explosions or lightning
- Vandalism or theft
- Severe weather
- Burst pipes
Your coverage can pay for many of your recovery costs so that you don’t have to struggle to pay on your own. It is a great reassurance that you will be able to recover from many of the problems that you least expect, but that might prove devastating nonetheless.
Keep in mind, renters insurance does not cover floods, earthquakes or routine wear and tear. You can, however, buy separate policies for flood and earthquake damage.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
All renters insurance policies can be customized to the needs of the tenant. They generally contain three types of coverage:
- Possessions Insurance: This covers your belongings in your home in case they sustain unexpected damage. Your plan can pay you to repair or replace these items.
- Liability Insurance: Someone might blame you for causing them harm or damaging their property. Even if the accident was a mistake, you might have a legal responsibility to repay that person. Liability coverage helps you do so and covers your legal expenses when lawsuits arise.
- Loss Of Use Insurance: After a problem in your rental unit, you might have to temporarily move out. In this situation, you can use loss of use coverage to pay excess living expenses that might arise.
To further customize your benefits, you can invest in expanded coverage such as:
- Scheduled personal property endorsements
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Pet liability insurance
- Replacement cost contents insurance
Who Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Renters insurance only applies to the tenant of a rental home and their family. It does not insure landlords, who will need their own coverage. The landlord’s insurance will also not insure the tenant, which is why most landlords require tenants to buy a renters policy before they can move in.
Keep in mind, if you have roommates, then we recommend separate policies for each person. With separate plans, you can keep your insurable assets and liabilities separate, too.
How Much Renters Insurance Do I Need?
You want to be able to replace everything important that you own following the destruction of your rental home. This will mean calculating the value of your possessions and matching your coverage limits to that value.
Additionally, consider choosing liability coverage limits that reflect your true net worth. If someone does sue you because of an accident, you will be able to fight back without putting your personal assets at risk of loss or seizure.
If you have questions about how to tailor your plan, get in touch with us. We’re happy to help you figure out how best to put together your coverage.
You may also be interested in…